- Start with great content. Starting with a compelling message and a robust content marketing strategy is an effective way to disseminate that message and connect with your ideal customer. In fact, on average, according to Aberdeen Research, conversion rates are six times higher for brands using content marketing than those that aren’t. Additionally, content marketing is incredibly cost-effective and offers amazing ROI.Compared with traditional marketing programs, content marketing costs 62 percent less and generates approximately three times the volume of leads. However, to make sure you’re striking all of the right chords for your brand, you’ll want to work with savvy curators and creators of content. Without a solid content foundation, subsequent efforts are pointless.
- Personalize your content.Using the same one-size-fits-all promotions no longer cuts it. Today, winning over the heart of a consumer requires personalized, real-time promotions, which requires data, and lots of it. Hyper-segmentation is one of the best ways to achieve a more focused content marketing strategy. Dividing your customer base into narrow demographic criteria will help your business understand how to generate the most applicable and meaningful content your audience is looking for.
- Communicate regularly.Research shows that consumers need to be exposed to your message three to five times before they take action. Remember, frequency breeds familiarity, and familiarity breeds trust. The good news for grocery marketers is that it’s easy for brands to regularly publish branded content campaigns across a variety of platforms and mediums, including social networks, owned media properties and other external websites. It also works well for mobile consumption – engaging with on-the-go shoppers.
- Use multiple channels. Your potential customers are everywhere, online and off-, so you have to be too. The best marketing campaigns use a variety of marketing mediums, from local print ads, to email campaigns, to social media, to organic search and display ads. And don’t forget the power of retargeting, a digital ad strategy that delivers your ad or content to consumers on other sites they visit.
- Track what works. You can’t fix what you don’t track. This means that tracking your digital marketing campaigns is a must-have. Today’s leading digital marketing experts provide clients with context at every step of the journey, so the data and insights make perfect sense. With advanced tracking tools, grocery marketers can even assess data on how their store’s digital marketing compares with its competitors.
Implementing the level of frequency necessary to build familiarity with your brand to maximize basket size and customer loyalty doesn’t have to be a Herculean task. By leveraging a combination of marketing experts and leading digital marketing technology, grocery brands have access to the tools and strategies that they need to quickly and easily use repetition to win brand loyalty from their customers.