Hot Pockets Food Truck Sandwiches and Bites
Nestlé USA, based in Solon, Ohio, has teamed with four award-winning food truck proprietors from Los Angeles and Chicago to develop two new lines of Hot Pockets products: Food Truck Bites and Food Truck Sandwiches.
The Bites varieties are:
- Triple Cheesy Bacon Melt Bites (co-created with Chicago’s Toasty Cheese Mobile Eatery), which combine provolone, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses with applewood-smoked bacon and basil in a buttery crust
- Smokin’ Bacon BBQ Recipe Burger Bites (co-created with Los Angeles’ Baby’s Burgers), made with savory hamburger, applewood-smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and onions in a mesquite barbecue sauce and a soft-baked crust
- Fiery Jalapeño Lime Chicken Rollers (co-created with The Los Lobos Truck of Los Angeles), bite-sized rollers made with tender dark-meat chicken, jalapeños, cilantro and corn in a spicy ginger-lime sauce and mini spring-roll wrappers
- Spicy Asian-Style Beef Rollers (co-created with Los Angeles’ Komodo Truck), made with tender beef, red pepper and jalapeños in hoisin sauce and mini spring roll wrappers
The Sandwiches are:
- Spicy Asian-Style Beef Sandwiches (co-created with Komodo Truck), made with Angus beef, red peppers and jalapeños in hoisin sauce and a crispy crust
- Fiery Jalapeño Lime Chicken Sandwiches (co-created with The Los Lobos Truck), featuring grilled white-meat chicken, jalapeños, cilantro and corn in a spicy ginger-lime sauce and a crispy crust
The frozen microwavable products all are made with 100 percent real cheese and no artificial flavors. SRPs are $5.99 for the Food Truck Bites, which come in 20-ounce bags, and $2.29 for the Food Truck Sandwiches, which come in boxes of two.