Progressive Grocer is asking the independent grocer heroes of the industry to stand up and be recognized.
Our 12th annual Outstanding Independents Awards program, which honors the innovation and resilience of indie grocers, is now open. Retailers honored as Outstanding Independents will be included in our February 2023 issue, featured online at ProgressiveGrocer.com, and celebrated during a special event at the National Grocers Association show in Las Vegas, on Feb. 26-28, 2023.
Independent grocers distinguished themselves throughout the pandemic by working hard, making a difference in their communities, and taking care of customers in new and unique ways. Now we are asking you to tell us about your outstanding year of service.
- Why is your business special? Why do customers prefer shopping with you when other options are available?
- Is it something about your prepared food or service offerings, or simply everyday excellence in execution that big chains can’t match?
- How is your business unique? Is there something about the design, location or merchandise assortment that makes your store(s) stand out?
- Why does the community in which you operate value your presence? Is it because you serve an underserved market or commit time and resources to make a difference locally?
- What about innovation? Does your approach to e-commerce or automation stand out from others?
- Lastly, what makes you proud about the business you operate and the noble calling of serving others as an independent grocer?
Please share your inspiring story with us by the deadline of Jan. 6, 2023. It’s easy to enter: Just fill out the form below.