National Pork Board Bolsters Food Chain Outreach
The National Pork Board has unveiled plans to update its food chain outreach structure, as part of a five-year strategic plan to "build consumer trust and grow consumer demand."
The organization will expand efforts this year in product innovation, supported by consumer research, market data analysis and channel insights, product design, market testing, channel marketing and channel communications.
“Our strategic plan defines a blueprint for industry success by addressing the changing world facing U.S. pork producers,” said Derrick Sleezer, president of the National Pork Board, adding that the renewed efforts aim to tap "into the emotional connections consumers have with their food," and "fuel a fresh dialogue about modern pork production."
In support of this plan, the organization has made the following staff changes:
- Jarrod Sutton is named VP of channel marketing, innovation and social responsibility
- Patrick Fleming is named director of market intelligence and innovation
- Rob Kirchofer is named director of retail marketing and innovation
- Stephen Gerike is named director of foodservice marketing and innovation
- Ceci Snyder will continue to lead domestic marketing, advertising and public relations programs as VP of consumer marketing
- Stacie Schafer is named director of state marketing and consumer insight
The Iowa-based National Pork Board has responsibility for Checkoff-funded research, promotion and consumer information projects and for communicating with pork producers and the public.