Boulder, Colo.-based independent Lucky’s Market plans to open its first store in Ohio on Oct. 23 in the Columbus suburb of Clintonville.
The store will feature a wide selection of organic, specialty and gluten-free selections, as well as from-scratch deli items, in-house cured and smoked bacon, local produce, fresh meats and seafood, and a “decadent bakery,” according to the grocer.
“Just as we invite guests into our home, we invite our customers into our stores with the goal of creating a memorable experience,” said Trish Sharon, who co-founded Lucky’s with her husband Bo Sharon. “As food lovers ourselves, we would want to shop at a store built on quality products sold at affordable prices with genuine personal service.”
The Ohio store is the third for Lucky’s, a Boulder favorite that recently added another store in Longmont, Colo. Owners Bo and Trish Sharon founded the grocery in 2003 to provide a new “foodie” shopping experience.
“We are excited to bring affordable natural foods to Columbus,” said Bo Sharon. “As trained culinary professionals, and downright foodies, we imagine our stores as an oasis of health, kindness and support. We strive to be active in the community, and look forward to providing our friends in Ohio a new taste and experience to bring home to their kitchens.”
Among the new stores offerings will be:
- Produce: The produce department emphasizes three components -- local, organic and value. Lucky’s supports local farmers and organic foods, and is committed to selling produce that represents the best value in town.
- Meat: Lucky’s prides itself on selling “Never-Ever” meats, the USDA’s classification for meat from an animal that was never treated with growth hormones or antibiotics or fed animal byproducts.
- Grocery: Lucky’s works with local vendors to help them build sustainable, successful businesses. The grocery department offers everything from 100 percent raw and vegan goodies to breakfast cereals.
- Deli: The deli will promote local Ohio products, offering meats smoked and roasted in-house as well as freshly prepared foods -- vegan and otherwise.
- Cheese: Lucky’s offers more than 350 kinds of cheeses, gathered from local cheese makers as well as artisanal producers in the caves of Switzerland.
- Natural Living: Customers will find skin care, vitamins and supplements, cosmetics and children’s products as well as traditional remedies.