Whole Foods to Feature Spanish Wines During Two Twitter Tastings
Whole Foods Market will celebrate Spain's wine heritage this spring by featuring 12 wines from Spain, one of the world's top wine regions, all priced under $20 and highlighting them with two Twitter Tastings.
In addition to showcasing the diversity of Spanish wines, wineries and wine regions, the grocer will also offer tapas recipes and cheeses to pair with each wine.
"Spain is on fire right now," said Doug Bell, national buyer for Whole Foods Market. "Ten years ago, people thought of dusty, thin Rioja from Spain, but today, there are lesser known, fine wines from La Mancha to the Basque Country. We're excited to share these beautiful Spanish finds with our shoppers."
Shoppers will be able to learn about wines from Spain at in-store tastings and during two Twitter Tastings – during which tasters from around the country will be able to comment about the samples they try, as well as read posts about the wine from Whole Foods national wine buyers Geof Ryan and Doug Bell.
There will be two Twitter tastings. The March 22 tasting will be held at 7 p.m. CDT and will feature Hermanos Lurton Verdejo, Castano Organic Monastrell, and Monte Oton Garnacha (Grenache)
The April 19 tasting, also at 7 p.m. CDT, will feature Castell de Raimat Albarino, Faustino Rioja, and Mas de Leda Tempranillo.
Whole Foods Market's featured Spanish wines include:
- Hermanos Lurton Verdejo from Rueda
- Castell de Raimat Albarino from Costers del Segre in Catalan
- Spartico Organic Tempranillo from Valencia
- Protos Tinto Fino from Ribera del Duero
- Faustino Rioja from Rioja
- Maximo Tempranillo from La Mancha
- Mas de Leda Tempranillo from Castilla y Leon
- La Vendimia Granacha Tempranillo from Rioja
- Cellars Can Blau Blau Carinena Garnacha-Syrah from Priorat
- Monte Oton Garnacha from Campo de Borja
- Castillo de Monseran Garnacha from Carinena
- Castano Organic Monastrell from Yecla