Unified Grocers Re-Elects Richard Goodspeed as Chair
Regional wholesaler Unified Grocers elected 18 individuals to its board of directors during its annual shareholders meeting, held Feb. 22, 2012 in Cerritos, Calif.
Directors re-elected Richard E. Goodspeed, principal, Goodspeed & Associates, as chairman of Unified during a board of directors meeting immediately following the shareholders meeting. Goodspeed has served as Unified’s chairman since 2010. Directors also re-elected Louis A. Amen, chairman of Super A Foods, Inc., Los Angeles, Calif., as first vice chairman, and re-elected John Najjar, president, Cardiff Seaside Market, Inc., Cardiff, Calif., as its second vice chairman.
In addition to Goodspeed, Amen and Najjar, 15 other individuals were elected by shareholders to serve on Unified's board:
- John Berberian, prresident, Berberian Enterprises, Inc., Los Angeles, Calif.
- Oscar Gonzalez, co-owner, Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Inc., Anaheim, Calif.
- Terry A. Halverson, president and CEO, Food Markets Northwest, Inc., Seattle, Wash.
- Paul Kapioski, president, CAP Food Services Co., Seattle, Wash.
- Darioush Khaledi, chairman and CEO, K.V. Mart Co., Carson, Calif.
- Mark H. Kidd, president, Mar-Val Food Stores, Inc., Lodi, Calif.
- John D. Lang, president and CEO, Epson America, Inc., Long Beach, Calif.
- Jay T. McCormack, president and CEO, Rio Ranch Markets, Riverside, Calif.
- Michael A. Provenzano, Jr., president, Pro & Son's, Inc., president, Provo, Inc., president, Pro & Family, Inc., Ontario, Calif.
- Thomas S. Sayles, SVP, University Relations, University of Southern California., Los Angeles, Calif.
- Mimi R. Song, president and CEO, Super Center Concepts, Inc., Santa Fe Springs, Calif.
- Robert E. Stiles, special advisor to the CEO, Gelson's Markets; past president, Gelson's Markets, Encino, Calif.
- Michael S. Trask, president, Stanlar Foods, Inc., Granite Falls, Wash.
- Kenneth R. Tucker, president, Evergreen Markets, Inc., Greenville, Calif.
- Richard L. Wright, chairman, Market of Choice, Inc., Eugene, Ore.
All directors on Unified's Board were elected to one-year terms.
Los Angeles-based Unified Grocers is a retailer-owned wholesale grocery distributor that supplies independent retailers throughout the western United States.