SymphonyIRI Group Rebrands to IRI
SymphonyIRI Group, Inc. has reverted back to its founding name of Information Resources, Inc. and is rebranding as IRI.
The new moniker was revealed during the opening day of the Chicago-based market and shopper information provider’s 2013 Summit conference taking place this week in Las Vegas.
Company officials said the embrace of the original IRI brand is underscored by a business strategy and mission to deliver growth for clients across the globe by pinpointing what matters and illuminating how it can impact their businesses.
“IRI has a rich heritage of innovation and going beyond the data, leveraging advanced analytics and enabling technologies to help our clients excel and win,” said Andrew Appel, IRI’s president and CEO. “We have the leadership, the people, the unique assets and the distinctive capabilities to deliver on our new strategy and make a real difference for clients. We’re taking the best of what we’ve been boldly forward.”
Appel said IRI’s “Growth Delivered” business strategy concentrates on six integrated disciplines:
• Robust Operating Performance: Delivering enhanced operating excellence across all core processes
• Forward-Looking Insights: Leveraging forward-looking insights into actionable advice to deliver improved business performance
• Revenue Growth Acceleration: Driving revenue growth acceleration for CPG manufacturers and retailers across sales and marketing
• Authority on Big Data: Applying knowledge and experience with “big data” to achieve new levels of innovation and foresight
• People and Client Development: Helping empower employees and clients to grow to their fullest potential
• Global Expansion: Providing robust, integrated global data coverage and analytical capabilities
“Our rebranding signifies our promise to continue providing ingenious solutions and capabilities for our clients to enable growth in a highly fragmented, competitive and complex market,” adds Appel. “We are well positioned to be the catalyst that enables CPG and retail companies to take advantage of new opportunities.”
The goal of the annual IRI Summit aims to help senior manufacturers and retailers find growth in CPG via a broad-based industry share-group format designed to address the major business challenges facing retailers and manufacturers.
In other related news:
IRI and digital marketing solutions provider BlueKai have joined forces to simplify digital marketing for CPG manufacturers with direct-to-consumer audience platform data for easier audience targeting scale in the digital space and beyond.
IRI and 7-Eleven are partnering to launch 7-Exchange Next Generation, a new solution that will offer the convenience store chain and subscribing vendor partners a more robust way to partner on category management processes, helping to facilitate collaboration and accelerate ROI for joint activities.
IRI and Costco have teamed up to enhance the warehouse club retailer’s collaborative retail exchange (CRX) platform to offer manufacturers a more global view of sales opportunities. The enhanced features include category performance measurement and benchmarking, real-time sales, inventory data and supply chain management capabilities.