Stater Bros. Markets is debuting its first store in Pasadena, Calif. The grand-opening ceremony will take place on Nov. 14 at 8 a.m. This is the company's 14th store in the San Gabriel Valley and 26th location in Los Angeles County. The new store is led by Christy Gragg, who has more than 28 years of service with the San Bernardino, Calif.-based privately owned retailer.
“We are excited to expand our presence in the San Gabriel Valley,” said Stater Bros. CEO Pete Van Helden. “Customers can look forward to an exceptional shopping experience and will be pleased with our extraordinary customer service, wide variety of services, and fresh product offerings.”
The 42,000-square-foot supermarket will feature:
- A full-service fresh meat department with certified meat cutters
- A full-service fresh seafood department with seafood experts to assist with selection
- FujiSan handcrafted sushi made in-house daily
- A full-service deli including Cleo & Leo exclusive-recipe and always fresh hand-breaded fried chicken, specialty sandwiches, and wrap,s in addition to a full line of prepared party trays
- A full-service hot bakery with a full selection of artisan breads and rolls, specialty single- serve desserts, the Cleo & Leo line of classic cakes, and in-house cake decorators to assist with all special-occasion needs
- A floral department for gifts of fresh flowers, plants or floral arrangements
- A fresh produce department featuring more than 1,000 items, with expanded organic selections
- Fresh fruit cut daily from a prominently displayed fruit-cutting station in the produce department
- High-end, premium wines and an extensive craft beer selection
- An array of gourmet, natural/organic and ethnic products
- An assortment of specialty foods to accommodate vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free diets
- An updated store layout, in addition to interior upgrades such as new flooring, energy- efficient LED lighting, and a décor scheme reflecting Pasadena history
- A section of freshly prepared grab-and-go food items for time-crunched customers.
Stater Bros. also will present donations totaling $25,000 to the Pasadena Police Department’s PAL Program, Friends In Deed, Foothill Unity Center, the Veterans Resource Center, and Scholars Transitioning and Realizing Success (STARS) Program at Pasadena City College.
In addition, Stater Bros. Charities recently made $12,500 in donations to the Boys and Girls Club of Pasadena, Marshall Fundamental Secondary School, Foothill Family, Union Station Homeless Services, and Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 446.
Stater Bros. operates 171 stores in southern California and ranks No. 21 on Progressive Grocer’s 2018 Super 50 list of the top grocers in the United States.