PG WEB EXTRA: Kantar Defines Digital Best in Class
In its Digital Power Study, "A Revolution in the Making: It’s Not a Matter of 'If 'or 'When,' It’s 'Now' and 'How' 2013," Wilton, Conn.-based Kantar Retail outlines strategies for successful digital and multichannel retailers:
- Develop a strategic road map that informs corporate and business unit strategy, helping to guide and prioritize efforts across channels and silos to drive sales growth. Best in Class: Digital is an integral input and part of processes across the company, not an afterthought or stand-alone silos of experts; dedicated resources are required to drive sales.
- Identify and demystify omni-shoppers’ multichannel path to purchase, which serves to inform marketing mix and strategy. Best in Class: Successful companies will be expert in behavioral segmentation first and foremost, ahead of demographic and psychographic segmentation.
- Build multichannel category leadership stories grounded in analytics that leverage store and site point-of-sale data, as well as site behavioral metrics. Best in Class: Exercise innovative approaches and a test-and-learn mentality to analytical rigor that leverage real-time feedback via digital.
- Create fully integrated merchandising and marketing strategies that are brought to life with integrated executions across channels and touchpoints. Best in Class: A shopper-centric view of the item, brand and category that leads insights and solutions to help trading partners win in a multichannel environment.
- Optimize e-commerce packaging, logistics and fulfillment centers to the same levels as brick-and-mortar systems and networks. Best in Class: Expertise in multi-nodal distribution effectiveness, including direct-to-consumer routes versus a focus on most efficient route to market.