Peapod Debuts Revamped Mobile App
Peapod has introduced an intuitive new app featuring larger, high-resolution photos and new features that aim to streamline and simplify online shopping. Additionally, the e-grocer has formed a partnership with Seattle-based recipe-planning service GatheredTable to create an even more customized shopping experience.
"Mobile drives business: Over half of Peapod orders are touched by a mobile device," asserted Thomas Parkinson, Peapod’s chief technology officer and co-founder. "So, to ensure that we give our increasing number of mobile shoppers what they want and support a growing revenue driver for the company, the completely redesigned Peapod app boasts higher speed, better features and a more personalized shopping experience than ever before."
Two new app features are Filter, which enables Peapod customers to find items based on their own parameters, including types of products, dietary restrictions, brands or sale items, and Order Genius, an intuitive search recommendation engine with exclusive functionality, which suggests products users have bought in the past, differentiating by seasonality and product cycle, and learning more about shoppers’ purchase behavior over time. Additionally, the new app syncs with GatheredTable, which automatically generates a menu of weekly meals, tailored to families’ preferences, and customers can add all the recipe ingredients they need into their Peapod shopping carts with one click.
Among the app's other features:
- Smart Search: Customers can search by keyword, UPC or by scanning a barcode.
- My Specials: Shoppers can find thousands of weekly sale items.
- Past Purchases: Peapod users can scan a list of previously bought items for fast selections.
- Favorites: When customers click on this, they create a list of favorite items and brands.
- Delivery and Pickup Times Page: One click displays all available delivery time slots and, in most locations, pickup time slots.
- The app is designed to WCAG 2 standards, making it accessible for individuals with disabilities.
To download the app, consumers can visit the App store on their iPhone, iPad or Galaxy devices.
An Ahold USA company, Skokie, Ill.-based Peapod serves 24 U.S. markets throughout Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Wisconsin.