Southeastern Grocers LLC subsidiary Harveys Supermarket has debuted three stores in West Florida, continuing its expansion in the region. As well as a second location in Tampa, the chain entered Lakeland with two stores. The grand-opening ceremonies, held Nov. 8, featured ribbon-cutting ceremonies followed by live music and sampling. The first 500 customers at each store received a mystery gift card for the chance to win from $5 to $500.
“Harveys Supermarket has thrived over the past year, and we continue to receive an overwhelmingly positive response from our customers,” noted Southeastern Grocers President and CEO Anthony Hucker. “This is no doubt due to the dedication our team has applied to customer-listening sessions to truly identify our customers’ needs so we can best tailor each store to provide the service, products and prices our customers in the area desire.”
Added Hucker: “At Harveys Supermarket, our goal is to provide great prices while continuing to offer great value. We are confident our customers will be able to find great savings on thousands of items in their new Harveys Supermarket, because we are committed to providing multiple savings programs with lower prices on items they buy most.”
Some of the new features and savings opportunities available at each store are:
- A new custom façade and color palette with contemporary interior signage
- A new $1 Zone, with savings on more than 1,200 frequently purchased items, among them beverages, snacks, canned goods, cleaners, greeting cards, baby and health items
- More than 500 products now priced “Low and Staying Low,” with the price guaranteed for at least six months and easily identified by a bright-yellow thumbs-up sign
- More than 1,500 items across the store at reduced prices and called out by “Great Low Price” tags
- A bigger meat department with new value meat selections
- “Pick 5” selections with more than 75 items to choose from, including fresh packaged and frozen meats, for $19.95, providing a 25 percent average discount
- A refreshed produce department with produce from local farmers
In November 2016, the banner successfully refreshed and relaunched more than 70 locations. In Florida alone, Harveys has opened nearly 20 locations in the past year, expanding into seven new markets.
Harveys now operates 80 stores and employs more than 3,600 associates in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. Southeastern Grocers LLC, which is also the parent company of Bi-Lo, Fresco y Más, and Winn-Dixie, employs more than 50,000 associates.