EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See How San Diego Retailers Connect with Latinos
San Diego retailers Food4Less, La Bodega and Rite Aid, all located in Chula Vista, Calif., near the Mexican border, each target Hispanic shoppers in different way. Watch this video of a private bus tour with top executives from consumer product goods companies and retailers as they get closer to the front lines with store tour guides Armando Martin, Manny Fields and Enrique Arbelaez, all members of XL Alliance.
Here are some quick highlights about the stores visited:
600 Palomar St., Chula Vista, Calif.
- Regional value grocery store format owned by Cincinnati-based Kroger
- Products include a bakery, dairy, deli, frozen foods, general grocery, meat (some with carnicerias), produce, seafood and more
- Stores include signature Wall of Value
- Primarily uses Web and print advertising
- This location open since 2001
1193 Broadway, Chula Vista, Calif.
- This location open for 10 years
- One of four stores in the area and two in Mexico
- Caters to the Hispanic market
- Well known for its marinated carne asada (meat for grilling) and pollo asado (chicken for grilling)
- Television commercial scheduled to air in Tijuana
- A neighborhood store of approximately 8,500 square feet
740 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, Calif.
- Features Spanish signage
- Spanish-speaking associates
- A younger customer base, due to proximity to educational institutions of various types
The 2011 Hispanic Retail 360 Summit Store Tour was sponsored by Starlite Media.