Anticipate the Future of Shopper Marketing or Fall Behind: Study
Retailers and suppliers need to pay attention to the evolution in shopper marketing or risk being left behind, according to the findings of a new research study released by Brick Meets Click.
The study, titled “Anticipating the Future of Shopper Marketing, a Guide to What’s Next," explores what retailers and suppliers need to know to keep up with changes in shopper marketing that are being driven by growing insight into shopper behavior and the relentless expansion of digital.
Bill Bishop, chief architect of retail consultancy Brick Meets Click uses the findings from a recent survey of shopper marketing practitioners to draw out key insights and implications for the future of shopper marketing. Findings include:
- The growing use of digital platforms in shopper marketing
- The increasing willingness of shoppers to share personal data
- The big growth potential for CPGs
- The increasing focus on “shopper solutions”
Among the implications the paper discusses:
- Look for digital platforms that aggregate offers to be strengthening their own identities in an effort to build relationships with shoppers.
- Shoppers may limit the number of “personal” commercial relationships they enter into – so it’s important to start early to collect personal data from your shoppers.
- Focusing on problems that shoppers feel are important (like health, environment, or saving time when it’s important), rather than bundling products just to sell more stuff will capture the greatest benefit from shopper solutions.
For more information about the paper, visit the Brick Meets Click website.
Brick Meets Click delivers thought-leading perspective on how technology is changing the future of shopping, and aims to help retailers and suppliers understand the digital needs of their shoppers.