Weis Markets' Steve Davis Named GMDC Board Chairman
Steve Davis, director of center store; GM/HBC and grocery nonfoods for Weis Markets, has been named chairman of the board of directors of the Global Market Development Center (GMDC). He also serves as the chairman of the organization's executive committee.
"We look forward to having Steve Davis and a wealth of respected, industry thought leaders at the helm of our association as it continues to be an ecosystem for business growth and value creation for all of our members,” said Patrick Spear, president/CEO of GMDC. “We also want to offer a special thank you to the retiring GMDC board members for their dedication and service to the association and our industry."
In addition to Davis, other newly appointed members of the 2016 GMDC executive include:
- Tim Buskey, VP of consumer health, AmerisourceBergen - GMDC vice chairman of the board
- Patty Fishman, VP HBC/GM merchandising, Supervalu Inc. - MDC board secretary/treasurer
Newly appointed members of the 2016 GMDC Board of Directors include:
- Karen Bakewell, director GM/HBC, SpartanNash - GMDC education leadership council co-chairperson
- Mike Bloom, president and COO, Fred's Inc. - GMDC board liaise to the education leadership council
- Peter Fahrenkopf, VP of stationary and household sales, ShurTech Brands LLC - GM board co-chairperson
- Dan Figus, VP, field sales organization, Johnson & Johnson Inc. - GMDC HBW board co-chairperson
- Dave Jones, VP, industry initiatives, Kellogg USA – GMDC membership advisory board co-chairperson
Complete lists of GMDC board members belonging to the board of directors, the GM advisory board, HBW advisory board, membership advisory board and education leadership council are available online.