United Supermarkets Honors 11 Employees
United Supermarkets honored 11 individuals and teams during its annual Leadership Awards Dinner, held Jan. 17 at Lubbock’s Overton Hotel and Convention Center.
“As a company with more than nine decades of service to reflect upon, the United Supermarkets legacy is based on a collective effort of special people whom individual achievement is secondary to team performance,” said company co-president Matt Bumstead. “These are team members with a daily focus on doing the right thing and never stopping short of excellence.”
Award winners were:
- Tom Vines, a sacker at the company’s Buffalo Gap Rd. location, was named Abilene Region Team Member of the Year.
- Jeannette Sandoval, administrative assistant at the company’s Canyon location, was named Amarillo Region Team Member of the Year.
- Dave Matthews, beer-wine steward at the McKinney store was named DFW Region Team Member of the Year.
- Willie Odie, a cashier at the company’s Iowa Park Road location, was named Wichita Falls Region Team Member of the Year.
- Adrian Jimenez, general manager of the Lubbock Amigos United location on N. University, General Manager of the Year.
- Chris Cockerell, equipment manager for facilities, was names Support Team Member of the Year.
- Anita Meyer, fuel/convenience manager at the company’s Slaton location, was named Lubbock Region Team Member of the Year.
- Rick Clark, food service supervisor, received the Unite Award.
- Noel Garcia and the management team of the 82nd and Boston location, Unite Award.
- The store team at Amarillo’s Market Street location earned UCrew of the Year honors for its community service endeavors.
United Supermarkets has honored its strongest performing employees with Leadership Awards annually since 2006. Recipients receive a one-of-a-kind award designed by members of the United marketing team to reflect the spirit of the servant’s heart, and crafted by R.S. Owens Co., maker of the Academy Awards.
Lubbock, Texas-based United Supermarkets operates 51 stores under four distinct formats: United Supermarkets, Market Street, Amigos United and United Express.