Meet the Needs of Health-Conscious Shoppers
Supermarket Guru Phil Lempert taps into his decades of experience reporting on food and retail trends as he explores the changes at retail that are being influenced by the impact of consumers finally making the mind-body connection and realizing that what they eat has a direct effect on their quality of life.
Lempert will showcase examples of retailers that are doing it right, and the tools and strategies that are making them successful. Lempert will also provide insight into the valuable role retail dietitians play in not only improving their shoppers’ and peers’ lives – but also boosting the health of their banner’s bottom line.
Lempert’s presentation is part of Progressive Grocer’s half-day symposium, scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 20, at the Path to Purchase Expo (P2PX), “Courting Today’s Health-Oriented Shopper,” tackles macro and micro trends impacting consumer health.
Other sessions during the symposium include, “Invest in Transparency Initiatives that Make a Difference”, with Michael Forhez, global VP, consumer markets at Lawrenceville, N.J.-based 1WorldSync. Forhez will follow his presentation with a panel discussion delving into how CPGs and retailers are tackling transparency. Panelists include
- Dave Bennett: SVP of Procurement and Exclusive Brands, IGA
- Rick Davis: VP and Global Lead, Office of Data Acquisition and Governance, Kellogg Co.
- Jim Flannery: Senior EVP, Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Kyle McKillop: IT Manager, Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, University of Maryland
In addition, Andrew Mandzy, director of strategic insights at Schaumburg, Ill.-based Nielsen, will share research that defines health-and-wellness drivers and opportunities among key demographic segments.
P2PX takes place Sept. 20-22 at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, in Rosemont, Ill. The event delivers the full experience ― a stellar educational program (four symposia, two keynote addresses, 48 seminars) plus a curated trade show floor with 130 exhibitors and the Design of the Times Gallery. Every aspect is focused on solutions, trends and insights that drive sales and create an improved shopper experience all along the path to purchase.
· Pricing info: http://www.path2purchaseexpo.com/pricing
· Full agenda: http://www.path2purchaseexpo.com/at-a-glance
· Speaker list: http://www.path2purchaseexpo.com/speaker-grid
· Brochure: https://goo.gl/3NtYfM