LIVE FROM NGA: PGI Honors Outstanding Indies
Progressive Grocer Independent (PGI) on Monday presented its annual Outstanding Independent Awards to this year’s slate of exceptional independent retailers during a special ceremony at the 2014 NGA Show in Las Vegas.
Award-winners were recognized for their innovative marketing and merchandising programs, service-based programs and operational enhancements.
- Overall Outstanding Operator, Single-store, Newport Avenue Market, Bend, Ore.
- Overall Outstanding Operator, Multistore, Festival Foods, De Pere, Wis.
- Overall Outstanding Operator, Community-based Multistore, B&R Stores, Lincoln, Neb.
- Outstanding Meat/Seafood, Coborn’s Inc., St. Cloud, Minn.
- Outstanding Bakery, Joe Caputo & Sons Fruit Market IGA, Algonquin, Ill.
- Greatness in Green, Single-store, Kudrinko’s Market, Westport, Ontario, Canada
- Outstanding Deli/Foodservice, Martin’s IGA Plus, Effingham, Ill.
- Outstanding Design, Mega Foods, Eau Claire, Wis.
- Outstanding Community Outreach, Ptacek’s IGA, Prescott, Wis.
- Greatness in Green, Wholesaler, Supervalu, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Outstanding Tech, Yummy.com, Los Angeles
Further coverage will be featured in the the April issue of Progressive Grocer Independent.
IN THE PHOTO: PGI's Chief Editor Joe Tarnowski (left) and Progressive Grocer's Chief Editor Jim Dudlicek