HP Launches Mobile POS to Enhance In-store Experience
HP has launched its HP MX10 Retail Solution to help retailers transition between a mobile and fixed point-of sale-solution, giving them the flexibility to better meet customer needs.
Designed for retail and hospitality, the HP MX10 combines the HP ElitePad Mobile POS Solution (MPOS) and the HP Retail Expansion Dock into one integrated solution. This gives employees the advantage of being mobile, allowing them to better serve customers anywhere in the store while also giving them access to a complete POS solution that includes receipt printing and access to a cash drawer.
“Consumers are drawn to businesses that consistently meet their needs and expectations in satisfying ways,” said Ray Carlin, VP and general manager, Retail Solutions Business Unit, HP. “With the HP MX10, retailers gain the advantage of a three-in-one solution that allows them to assist customers on the sales floor while still having access to a full POS solution.”
The HP MX10 enables retailers to enhance customer engagement and improve in-store operations with key features including:
- Seamless integration to existing infrastructure. The HP MX10 is a Windows-based solution that integrates into a store’s existing IT infrastructure to enable access to inventory and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Connection to key POS peripherals. The HP MX10 provides retailers with connectivity via serial, USB and RJ-45 ports, allowing them to use the store’s existing POS peripherals.
- Maximum user comfort and adjustability. With the dual hinge arm, the HP MX10 supports adjustable tilt and height, providing maximum comfort for sales associates at the register or on the shop floor.
- More sales opportunities with compact design. The HP MX10 features a slim design that allows retailers to free up valuable floor and counter space so they can promote more products.
- Dock, lock and walk away. With secured latching, a cable lock and counter security options, retailers can protect their mobile solution and the dock from theft.
The HP MX10 is planned to be available worldwide in December.