H-E-B Opens 1st Grocery in Mixed-Use Development
Other highlights of the store include:
- A larger assortment of Texas-made products than ever before
- A 15-foot-long salad bar of more than 60 options
- The Prime Case Butcher Shop
- A fully stocked healthy-living department with bulk foods, including honey, nuts, grains, dried fruits, snack mixes, a wide variety of supplements, and more
- A full-service pharmacy
- A full-service seafood department with fresh fish and seafood, fresh sushi, and poke bowls handmade in-store daily by Sushiya
- An expansive wine and beer selection with try-before-you-buy samples
- A wine steward on duty for perfect pairings
- An impressive full-service Scratch Bakery and Tortillería
- H-E-B Blooms!
- Cooking Connection and the Showtime Kitchen
In honor of the opening, H-E-B has donated $10,000 to the Buffalo Bayou Partnership, which transforms and revitalizes Houston's Buffalo Bayou. As another sign of its dedication to the community, the new store has a permanent art installation made of once-molten plastic discarded from a Houston industrial casting facility.
With more than 400 stores in Texas and Mexico, San Antonio-based H-E-B is No. 6 on Progressive Grocer’s 2019 Super 50 list of the top grocers in the United States.