Tapped by parent company, Tesco, to assist in recruiting American students for its graduate program, Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market, and has opportunities for students at Tesco facilities in China and Thailand. Two commercial department positions are available in each country with start dates of June 20, 2012.
The program was developed to give new graduates hands-on experience in some of the world’s fastest growing markets, as well as technical and leadership skills. Fresh & Easy is looking for motivated and driven individuals who will contribute to the business on day one, function well within teams, and show initiative and poise in a dynamic environment.
Eligible candidates must have recently graduated from an accredited university with a master’s degree, and must be willing and legally entitled to work permanently in China or Thailand. In addition, candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Oral and written fluency in English and either Mandarin Chinese or Thai
- Professional work experience
- Understanding and interest in the retail industry
- Drive and determination to learn and deliver for the customer in a challenging environment
- Competent analytical skills
- Ability to influence others and excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be geographically mobile (although the initial assignment is based in one location)
- Work experience in a customer-facing role (retail experience is an advantage)
A full job description and application is available online.
Tesco-owned Fresh & Easy is based in El Segundo, Calif. And operates more than 190 stores in Arizona, California and Nevada.