Fresco y Más Opens 5 New Stores
Southeastern Grocers LLC, parent company of Bi-Lo, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, has debuted five additional Fresco y Más stores throughout Miami and Hialeah, Fla., holding simultaneous 10 a.m. ribbon-cutting ceremonies at each location on March 8. The openings have brought the number of the Hispanic banner’s stores to 11. The first six locations opened between June and December of last year.
“As Fresco y Más continues to evolve in South Florida, we are meeting the expanding consumer demand of providing more communities with an authentic Hispanic grocery store,” noted Ian McLeod, president and CEO of Jacksonville, Fla.-based Southeastern Grocers. “As we continue to listen and learn from our customers at all of our Fresco y Más locations, we are developing new stores that reflect exactly what our shoppers are looking for; More Savings. More Service. More For You.”
Added McLeod: “Each store’s new Hispanic-focused product assortment and features, including a full-service Latin butcher shop and new Cocina, are our commitment to providing a shopping experience that reflects the cultural connection we strive to make with our Hispanic customers.”
Fresco y Más’ new Low Price Every Day program encompasses 800-plus popular products that help shoppers save more on everyday items, called out with distinctive green-and-yellow arrow signage throughout the store. Prices will remain low for at least six months.
Further enhancements to the new stores include:
- An all-new, full-service Latin butcher shop (Carniceria) offering an expanded selection of fresh custom-cut meats
- A refreshed produce department featuring a farmers’ market setting and a wider selection of tropical fruits
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of scratch-made family favorites
- A new Dollar Zone within the store, where customers can get more than 600 everyday essentials for just $1
- A renovated bakery department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods made fresh daily, as well as a wider selection of local favorites
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic fare
- An additional Wall of Value section featuring weekly specials on popular items
- 500-plus new Hispanic items available across several departments
- A new custom façade and bright yellow colors with bilingual signage throughout the departments
Southeastern Grocers, the second-largest supermarket in the Southeast based on store count, employs almost 60,000 associates in grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.