FMI Reveals Store Manager Award Finalists
The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) has revealed the finalists of its 14th annual Store Manager Awards program. FMI will select four grand-prize winners among the 10 finalists on Tuesday, April 30, during the Future Connect leadership conference at the Peabody in Orlando, Fla.
In addition to developing in-store programs that achieved positive growth and customer satisfaction during the past year, finalists are recognized for leading, mentoring and motivating associates; demonstrating a balance between people skills and operational skills; effectively communicating company goals and store milestones; executing innovative in-store programs and/or special events that improve overall customer service and community; and improving the financial performance of the store.
One grand-prize winner will be chosen from each of the four categories:
Category A (1-49 stores):
- Kaitlyn Lester, general manager at Lunds in Bloominton, Minn.
- Maggie McLaughlin, store manager at Roche Bros. in Wellesley, Mass.
- Mondella Stacey, store manager at Colemans Food Centre in Stephenville, NL, Canada
Category B (50-199 stores):
- Joey Aiken, store director at Brookshire Grocery Company in Greenville, Texas
- Arlie Watson, Jr., store manager at Food City in Gatlinburg, Tenn.
- Fernando Noriega, general manager at United Supermarkets LLC, in Amarillo, Texas
Category C (200 or more stores):
- Lucy Wienshienk, store manager at Fry’s Food Stores, a division of the Kroger Co., in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Kevin Sherlock, store director at Iowa City Hy-Vee in Iowa City, Iowa
- Greg Giles, store manager at Bi-Lo in Maudlin, S.C.
Category D (International retailers – companies operating outside North America):
- Jun Oshima, store manager of Yaoko in Saitama, Japan
Finalists were selected based on stories submitted from their supervisors or store associates. FMI judged the entries on originality and creativity as well as the person’s impact on sales growth, customer satisfaction and community service. Each finalist will receive two complimentary registrations for Future Connect and three nights of hotel accommodations in Orlando, Fla. The four grand-prize winners will each receive a $1,000 prize and a crystal award.
Food Marketing Institute (FMI) conducts programs in public affairs, food safety, research, education and industry relations on behalf of its nearly 1,250 food retail and wholesale member companies in the U.S. and around the world.