FMI Reveals 2017 Store Manager Award Winners
The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) has revealed the winners of its 2017 Store Manager Awards at the Future Leaders eXperience event, taking place June 11-13 in Chicago. The winners were chosen from 100 nominees.
“In today’s shifting food retail landscape, store managers must possess a unique mixture of skills to keep their stores on a successful path of smooth operations, quality customer service, meaningful community involvement and inviting shopping atmosphere,” noted Leslie G. Sarasin, president and CEO of Arlington, Va.-based FMI. “It’s clear the exemplary leadership demonstrated by each of the winners inspires their teams to daily do their best, lean into challenges and stay a step ahead.”
The 2017 Store Manager Awards winners each receive a $1,000 prize and a crystal award. In addition to its traditional awards, FMI once more offered the People’s Pick Facebook contest, which this year garnered more than 6,900 votes. The People’s Pick winner gets a special trophy and $500 to celebrate his or her store’s employees.
The 18th annual Store Manager Award Winners are as follows:
- Category A: (1-49 stores): Gary Casterline, ShopRite of Hunterdon County, Phillipsburg, N.J.
- Category B (50-199 stores): Ricky Myers, D&W Fresh Markets, SpartanNash, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Category C (200+ stores): Sally Angulo, Fry’s Food Stores, The Kroger Co., Phoenix
- Category D (International): Clive Gould, SPAR Glenacres, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, South Africa
- People’s Pick: John Snavely, Food 4 Less, The Kroger Co., Coachella, Calif.