The Food Industry Association Executives elected Brian Jordan, president of the Illinois Food Retailers Association, as its new chairman of the board during its 89th Annual Convention in Austin, Texas.
"It is a great privilege for me to serve as the Chairperson of FIAE," said Jordan, noting that the organization he is poised to lead is celebrating its 90th year in 2017 "and is as strong and vibrant as ever. We provide incredible resources to the state and regional associations around the country, helping grow the food industry and its representation,” added Jordan, who will help oversee FIAE’s new strategic plan to guide the association with new initiatives and programming.
Other board members elected include:
- Vice Chairman: Tim McCabe, President, Arizona Food Marketing Alliance
- Secretary-Treasurer: Dave Davis, President & Legal Counsel, Utah Food Industry Association
- Immediate Past Chair: Ellie Taylor, President, Alabama Grocers Association
Joining the officers on the board of directors are newly elected members Lance Hastings of MillerCoors and Brandon Scholz of Wisconsin Grocers Association.
The new members will join the existing FIAE board members in service during 2017:
- Derek Crawford, KraftHeinz
- Greg Ferrara, National Grocers Association
- Jan Gee, Washington Food Industry Association
- Genna Gent, American Beverage Association
- Stefani Millie Grant, Unilever
- Amanda Hagan, Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Michelle Hurd, Iowa Grocery Industry Association
- Rob Ikard, Tennessee Grocers & Convenience Store Association
- Kathy Kuzava, Georgia Food Industry Association
- Tracy Mihas, Mondelez Global
- Elizabeth Tansing, Food Marketing Institute
- Julie Miro Wenger, Delaware Food Industry Council
FIAE also honored outgoing board members for their years of service, including Lee Anderson of General Mills and Jamie Pfuhl of Minnesota Grocers Association.