Bi-Lo Holdings to Rebanner 10 Stores in Ga.
In the wake of Bi-Lo Holdings’ pending acquisition of Delhaize Group’s Sweetbay Supermarket, Harveys and Reid’s banners announced in May of last year, the Jacksonville, Fla.-based company said today it will convert seven existing Harveys stores to Winn-Dixie stores, and will rebrand three existing Winn-Dixie stores under the Harveys banner. The timeline for store conversions will be revealed at a later time.
“We carefully evaluated the market areas around each store and made conversion decisions that we believe will work best for customers,” said R. Randall Onstead, president and CEO of Bi-Lo Holdings. “Customers will not see any change to the level of quality they have come to expect from either banner.”
The following Harveys stores will convert to Winn-Dixie stores:
- Store No. 2312 located at 341 Venture Drive in Brunswick, Ga.
- Store No. 2315 located at 5711 Altama Avenue in Brunswick, Ga.
- Store No. 2397 located at 284 Hyde Park Commons in Brunswick, Ga.
- Store No. 2393 located at 2714 Osborne Road in Saint Marys, Ga.
- Store No. 2309 located at 2111 Bemiss Road in Valdosta, Ga.
- Store No. 2310 located at 4036 Bemiss Road in Valdosta, Ga.
- Store No. 2388 located at 1715 Norman Drive in Valdosta, Ga.
The following Winn-Dixie stores will convert to Harveys stores:
- Store No. 545 located at 1208 Crawford St. in Americus, Ga.
- Store No. 22 located at 2800 Old Dawson Rd. in Albany, Ga.
- Store No. 110 located at 1553 US 19 South in Leesburg, Ga.
Last month, the FTC approved the transaction for Bi-Lo Holdings to acquire the 134 stores comprising the Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid’s supermarket chains from Delhaize Group, in a deal valued at $265 million. In October of last year, the company announced its plans to convert the acquired Sweetbay and Reid’s stores to the Winn-Dixie and Bi-Lo banners, respectively.
Bi-Lo Holdings, LLC, the parent company of Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the ninth-largest traditional supermarket chain in the United States. The company operates 697 grocery stores and 482 in-store pharmacies throughout the eight southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.