Allegiance Retail Services is opening 10 new Foodtown locations and is celebrating the grand re-opening of a remodeled store in Brooklyn.
David Maniaci, chairman and CEO of Allegiance, said, “We are honored by the confidence that existing members and new members place in the expertise of the Allegiance team, and we look forward to their success. We are well positioned and extremely encouraged by the opportunities we see for Allegiance/Foodtown in 2016.”
The new locations include:
- Two stores in the Bronx and one in Manhattan, N.Y., opened by new Allegiance member Alex Collado
- Three Super Foodtown stores in Manhattan, as well as the re-opening of the Brooklyn store, opened by PSK Supermarkets owners Noah, Daniel and Sydney Katz
- One Foodtown Supermarket in New Hyde Park, N.Y., opened by Angelo Avena and Joseph Paravati
- One ground-up store in Bloomfield, N.J., by Jack Shakoor
- One conversion of a former A&P store to the Foodtown banner in Old Tappan, N.J., by the Estevez family
- One conversion of a former A&P store to the Super Foodtown banner in Washington Township, N.J., by David Maniaci
“This has been a banner year for Allegiance Retail Services with record Sales and Market Share, new Members, new stores and new associates. I am so excited to be part of this intelligent growth and expansion of our diverse supermarket base,” said John T. Derderian, president and COO of Allegiance.
Allegiance Retail Services operates under several banners, including Foodtown, Freshtown, Freshco, D’Agostino, LaBella Marketplace, Brooklyn Harvest, Market Fresh, Big Deal Food Market, Orchard Fine Foods and Uncle Giuseppe’s Marketplace.