Carlisle, Pa.-based Ahold USA has revealed a number of milestones it has reached in its digital growth strategies, including growth in its digital user base, digital coupon activations, web traffic and social media follower base.
The digital growth strategies include significant investments in new digital tools, including relevant digital coupons, new websites, mobile app improvements and a new recipe center. Their aim is to drive customer loyalty through savings and personalization.
New milestones include:
- 1 million new digital users and counting over last year
- New, responsive brand websites, leading to 20 percent growth in web traffic over last year
- 76 percent increase in monthly app users, and tripling of mobile app downloads
- More than 1 million social media followers across platforms
- A partnership with Toronto-based digital flier aggregation app Flipp has improved the digital circular experience, letting customers quickly clip relevant items, browse bonus buys, add items to their shopping lists and even load coupons directly onto their loyalty cards.
- The ability to select from more than 3,700 recipes featured in Ahold USA’s monthly Savory magazine with the click of a button, transfer ingredients directly into a Peapod digital shopping cart via the Savory Shopping Tool, and have them delivered.
- An expanded social media presence for each Ahold USA brand through Instagram, a visual social media platform the retailer plans to use to develop “unique strategies to engage with consumers in fun and unique ways.”
Ahold USA, through its Stop & Shop, Giant Landover, and Giant Carlisle banners, operates approximately 780 supermarkets with 115,000 associates in 14 states and Washington, D.C. It also operates Peapod, its Skokie, Ill.-based grocery ecommerce arm.