Whole Foods Unwraps Top Holiday Wines
Whole Foods Market has scoured the wine world to find some of the best wines for around $20 or less for its Top 10 Holiday Wines program, and is going high tech to tell the world about it.
The grocer invites shoppers and wine enthusiasts to taste and tweet some holiday cheer during its first-ever Twitter Tasting on Nov. 17. Whole Foods national wine buyers Doug Bell and Geof Ryan will taste and tweet about six wines from its holiday wine list. Additionally, Whole Foods and Snooth.com are partnering to offer a contest to win a VIP trip to California wine country.
“Our holiday wine line-up is our best ever so far,” Bell said. “There is something for every wine lover to enjoy with family and friends and what better way to jump start the season than tasting and learning about these wines together.”
Here are Whole Foods Market’s Top 10 holiday wines (plus two bonus wines):
- De Chanceny Cremant Loire – French bubbly easily compared to Champagne three times the cost
- Romerhof Riesling – apple and pear notes and a crisp finish
- Chalone Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc – tropical fruit notes with a hint of lemon zest and grapefruit
- Simmonet-Febvre Saint-Bris – refreshing minerality and citrus zest notes
- Earthstone Chardonnay – spicy vanilla touch and bright apple notes
- Louis Latour Pouilly-Fuisse – round, full herbal fruitiness with crisp acidity
- Dievole Dievolino Sangiovese Di Toscana – lively, ruby red with a hint of juniper
- Estancia Pinot Noir – ripe blueberry, black cherry and plum flavor, balanced by creamy vanilla
- Bubo Old Vine Zinfandel – rich flavors of plum, blackberry, pepper and chocolate
- Paso A Paso Tempranillo – floral, deeply colored with huge flavor
- Bodegas Castano Hecula Monastrell – bold, elegant red wine with pleasant tannins
- Valley of the Moon Syrah – soft and silky with concentrated dark berry fruit with earth and spice notes
For more information, visit WholeFoodsMarket.com/wine.