Supervalu Launches Holiday Solutions
The holidays can mean hectic schedules, extra meal planning, entertaining and kids home on vacation, all of which translate to more work for shoppers. So Supervalu has created array of tools, tips and savings – both in-store and online – to make it easier for customers and their families to have a joyful holiday season.
“Supervalu recognizes that the holidays are a special time of joy and celebration, a chance to have fun and reconnect with loved ones,” said Julie Dexter Berg, Supervalu’s chief marketing officer. “In honor of the season, we created a number of new programs and offers to enhance our customers' experience and add a little holiday cheer. In addition, whether they are looking for inspiration for the main holiday meal or need some simple, everyday meal ideas to delight family and friends during the hectic holiday season, we’ve got tools and solutions for them.”
For shoppers looking to save money, wow their guests, give back to the community and still have time to enjoy the season, Supervalu has developed solutions for everyday meals as well as the big occasions. Specific programs and offerings vary by store but may include the following:
- Celebrity chef solution guides, from notables such as Susan Feniger, Gale Gand, Gerry Garvin and Robin Miller.
- Joy Rewards Game: Shoppers who spend $50 or more on qualifying purchases will receive a special game card and the chance to win thousands of prizes instantly, including store gift cards, cookware, products and accessories. Nine lucky shoppers will win $10,000 each toward a kitchen makeover.
- Joy Is in the Bag: Shoppers can purchase special-edition reusable holiday shopping bags in Hope, Peace, Love or Cheer themes, priced at $1.99 each, with 10 percent donated to a local charity.
- Gift Card Mall: A kiosk with gift cards from national brands, including Best Buy, iTunes and Kohl’s. During select weeks, shoppers who purchase $100 in participating gift cards will receive an in-store coupon good for at least $10 off their next purchase.
- Baking Solution Center, with holiday baking staples organized in a convenient location near the front of the store.
- Giving Joy: Customers will have the opportunity to donate $1, $5 or $10 at checkout registers to help bring a traditional holiday dinner to a family in need in their community.
This year, Supervalu has expanded its online holiday presence. Information about promotions, events, special offers and coupons can be found on store websites and Facebook pages, and are accessible by on-the-go customers via mobile phone.
Minneapolis-based Supervalu Inc. operates 4,280 stores across the United States under banner names including Acme, Albertsons, Cub Foods, Farm Fresh, Hornbacher’s, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s/Star Market, Shop ‘n Save and Shoppers Food & Pharmacy.