Peapod Expands App Offering
Online grocer Peapod is now offering its popular app for the iPad. Taking its cue from the success of PeapodMobile, which enables users to create and manage shopping lists and order items from their smartphones, the Skokie, Ill.-based company developed an iPad app to give tablet users a more convenient way to purchase groceries.
Features of the free app include:
- Search: Users can type in search words or enter a UPC to find exactly what they need.
- Weekly Specials: Thousands of items on sale each week offer substantial savings.
- My Lists and Previous Purchases: Users can easily shop from items they’ve bought before.
- My Specials: Shoppers can choose from a list of past purchases on sale this week.
- Guess My Order: With a single touch, shoppers can add frequently bought items to their orders.
- Optimized Views: Exclusive to iPad, this offering gives users the ability to view items in a list or grid format.
“Our customers are tech-savvy and demand smart, engaging and well-made solutions to simplify their lives,” noted Peapod chief technology officer Thomas Parkinson. “We think the Peapod iPad app will satisfy that need.”
As well as the new iPad app, Peapod has released several updates for smartphone users of PeapodMobile:
- New Arrivals: This allows users to view the latest product arrivals on the home page.
- Sorting: Shoppers can sort items by size, unit price, calories and more in My Lists, New Arrivals and All Specials
- Display: The app will now support both landscape and portrait orientation.
PeapodMobile is available free for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, Android and Palm Pre users.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Amsterdam-based Royal Ahold, Peapod serves 23 U.S. markets in communities in the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York and New Jersey.