Peter Larkin, president and CEO of the National Grocers Association (NGA), and Roger Collins, CEO and chairman of Springdale, Ark.-based Harps Foods, were among the new board members appointed by National Cooperative Bank (NCB), a Washington-based financial services company serving cooperatives nationwide.
The announcement was made during NCB’s annual meeting on May 8 at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. In addition to Larkin and Collins, David Swanson, a co-op attorney and partner in the corporate practice group at Dorsey & Whitney in Minneapolis, Minn., also joined the board.
Collins, Larkin and Swanson replace Al Plamann, the retired CEO of Unified Grocers and president and CEO of Plamann & Associates, who served 12 years on NCB’s board; as well as Peter Conrad, president of Co-op Central Bank in Boston, Mass.; and Douglas Wille, CFO of Wakefern Corporation in Keasbey, N.J.
“We are extremely grateful for Al, Peter and Doug’s contributions and leadership while on the board and we thank them for their dedication and service,” said Charles E. Snyder, president and CEO of NCB. “We are excited for what the future brings with our three new members as we continue our efforts to find new and innovative ways to expand our reach in the cooperative community.”
In addition to Collins, Larkin and Swanson, NCB’s 2014 Board Members are:
- Steve Cunningham, president of S.F. Cunningham, LLC in Vienna, Va.
- Jane Garcia, CEO of La Clinica de La Raza, in Oakland, Calif.
- Janis Herschkowitz, president and CEO of PRI, Inc. in Cornwall, Penn.
- Andrea Levere, president of CFED in Washington, D.C.
- Martin Lowery, EVP at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association in Arlington, Va.
- Michael Mercer, president and CEO of Georgia Credit Union Affiliates in Duluth, Ga.
- Ray Moncrief, EVP and COO of Kentucky Highland Investment Corporation in London, Ky.
- Kenneth Rivkin, managing director of Hermes Financial Management and Auction.com in New York, N.Y.
- Mary Ann Rothman, executive director of The Council of NY Cooperatives and Condominiums in New York, N.Y.
- Robynn Shrader, CEO of National Cooperative Grocers Association in Iowa City, Iowa
- Judy Ziewacz, former executive director, State of Wisconsin, Office of Energy Independence in Madison, Wis.