N.G.A. Creative Choice Awards Finalists Named
The National Grocers Association (N.G.A.) has named the finalists for its 2011 Creative Choice Awards Contest, selected for each of 25 advertising and merchandising categories, the winners of which will be named Monday, February 14, 2011 during the Grocers Awards Reception at the 2011 N.G.A. Annual Convention.
"The N.G.A. Creative Choice Awards Contest is a wonderful program that recognizes the talented, creative and innovative campaigns of independent grocers all across the country,” said Peter Larkin, president and CEO of N.G.A. “The contest brings attention and acclaim to these fantastic events that are largely unseen outside of the local market.”
In addition to selecting winners for each category, the judges also picked Best of Show Finalists for Advertising and Merchandising:
Best of Show Advertising Finalists:
- Best Connection Through Technology: "Web Site and Social Media" - Day's Markets
- Herber City, UT
- Best Grand Opening Event Ad: "Fresh Madison Market- Grand Opening" - Fresh Madison
- Market, Madison, WI
- Best Television Commercial: "Man Shopping Challenge" - Trading Company, Spokane, WA
- Best Public Service Campaign: "Parents Empowered" - Dan's Foods, Salt Lake City, UT
Best of Show Merchandising Finalists:
- Best Fresh Food Merchandising: "Minnesota and Locally Grown" - Coborn's, Inc., St.
- Cloud, MN
- Best Outside The Store Event: "Party in the Parking Lot" - Peterson's Market, Riverton, UT
- Best Specialty/Ethnic Event: "Recipe Program" - Fiesta Foods, Lake City, MN
- Best Sports Merchandising: "BYU Ads" Macey's - Rose Park, UT
- Best Generational Marketing: "PHAT Pizza" - Associated Retail Stores, Salt Lake City, UT
Each Best of Show winner will receive a grand prize travel package, courtesy of contest sponsors, the Kellogg Company and Unilever.
For more information about the Creative Choice Awards Contest and a complete list of the Creative Choice Award Winners and Honorable Mentions, please visit the N.G.A. website at www.nationalgrocers.org.