NEC Display Solutions Introduces 2nd Gen Large Screen Displays
NEC Display Solutions of America, an Itasca, Ill.-based provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, has enhanced its most durable large-screen product line, the P Series, with two new models.
The 40-inch P402 and 46-inch P462 are direct replacements for the P401 and P461, and are 1-inch thinner in depth. Both are industrial-strength LCD displays that are intended for 24/7 operation and as such include additional thermal protection, internal temperature sensors with self-diagnostics and fan-based technology to prevent overheating.
An added technology to these models is the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) compliant expansion slot, a standardized option slot developed to simplify digital signage installations. Two other new features are the DisplayPort output and integrated DVI loop-through capability, which eliminates the need for a daisy chain module.
“Our professional-grade P Series is ideal for the most demanding digital signage projects that require integrated technologies to ensure uninterrupted reliability,” said Rachel Karnani, product manager for large-screen displays at NEC Display Solutions. “These second-generation displays not only expand connectivity options but also improve the mechanical design with new displays that are 1-inch thinner than the first generation products. This allows our customers to install less obtrusive displays in areas where they may not have previously fit.”
NEC also announced the addition of the P402-AVT, P402-TMX4D, P462-AVT and P462-TMX4D to the P Series lineup.
The P402 and P462 include the following features:
- Enhanced thermal and mechanical protection for reliable 24/7 operation
- Maximum brightness of 650 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio up to 3500:1
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution
- Expansion slot supports the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS)
- Enhanced connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI
- Enhanced loop-through capability with DVI, DisplayPort and Composite Video
- Remote diagnostics and external control including RS-232C, RJ45 LAN, IR Remote, DDC/CI
- TileMatrixT technology (up to 100 displays)
- Real-time clock has the ability to set schedules for display on/off times and warm up 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- Built-in NTSC/ATSC analog/digital tuner allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (P402-AVT and P462-AVT only)
- 2x2 TileMatrix Video Wall Solution - Digital bundles include four displays, Digital Factory PerfectAlignT Mounting System, four 2-meter Null modem cables, a 6-meter DVI cable and a Tripp Lite Isobar6 surge suppressor (P402-TMX4D and P462-TMX4D only)
- Optional accessories and products for the P Series include stands, wall mounts, external PCs and media players
For more information, visit www.necdisplay.com.