Market Street Recognizes the Best of Texas in Free Weekend Expo
To honor its Texas roots, United Supermarkets-owned Market Street banner will host a “Best of Texas Expo” to help its shoppers experience the top products the state has to offer.
Market Street will offer samples of appetizers, entrées, and desserts created from Texas-produced products at its 10 locations throughout north and west Texas. Shoppers will be able to register to win one of two Shiner guitars while enjoying complimentary Texas beverage and wine tastings.
“At Market Street, we are proud of our Texas heritage and want to raise awareness among our guests about the quality products available throughout our stores that are made, grown and raised right here in our state, from the Texas Tech University Meat Science program in Lubbock to the Fredericksburg hill country, and from Plainview to the Gulf Coast,” said Wes Jackson, chief merchandising officer for United Supermarkets. “We hope to help our guests offer true Texas hospitality to their friends and family by highlighting the best of Texas.”
Event hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 23, and Sunday, July 24.
Market Street will provide coupon booklets to help shoppers identify featured items displayed throughout the stores. Texas samplings and products will include:
- Genuine Texas Beef flat iron steak;
- Smoked brisket, sausage and turkey;
- Texas Gulf Coast Wild Shrimp;
- Texas Tumble Chicken Breasts available in ancho lime, chipotle lime fajita, jalapeño garlic, beer brined, Cajun tiger and citrus rosemary marinades;
- BBQ marinades, spices and sauces;
- Texas grown produce, including yellow and orange meat watermelons;
- Jalapeño biscuits and made-from-scratch breads;
- Market Street’s signature Tex-Mex beef, pork, tomatillo chicken and apple raisin tamales;
- Fresh salsa, jalapeño dips and black bean chips;
- Beverages from Texas wineries and breweries;
- And fresh brownies paired with milk from Texas dairies.
Market Street was developed to combine the everyday groceries guests need with the specialty items, whole-health/gourmet products and high quality pre-prepared foods they want. Market Street locations can be found in Allen, Amarillo, Colleyville, Coppell, Frisco, Lubbock (2), McKinney, Plano and Wichita Falls.
Lubbock, Texas-based United Supermarkets operates 51 stores under four distinct banners: United Supermarkets, Market Street, Amigos United and United Express.