Kmart Expands Online Shopping Features
Kmart is offering expanded online shopping features and services to provide customers with even more convenient shopping choices.
New this season and powered by the innovative Mygofer service, customers can buy online via Kmart.com and pick up their items – including groceries and health and beauty items – that same day at one of more than 600 Kmart stores. Customers can also shop the Kmart2go mobile website from a mobile device and then select in-store pickup for convenient shopping while on the go. Promotions via SMS text messages can even be sent directly to shoppers’ mobile devices when they sign up.
“With the launch of these popular shopping options offered by Kmart.com, customers have more choices in how they shop for their holiday purchases,” said Imran Jooma, Sears Holdings president of e-commerce. “We’re empowering our customers with all the choices they need to make shopping the most convenient for them, wherever they may be.”
Customers can also use the Kmart2go mobile website or the Kmart2go iPhone or Android mobile application while shopping in the store. It provides access to detailed product descriptions on millions of products to help with the purchase decision.
“We are providing these convenient shopping solutions to customers so they will have the ability to find great gifts for everyone on their list while making it easy on their budget and allowing them to spend more time with the people who matter in their lives,” Jooma said.
With continued focus on creating a shopping experience centered on customers, shoppers can enjoy the following offers this holiday season:
- Web-to-Store: For added convenience, customers can buy online and pick up in-store as soon as the very same day – thanks to the convenience and speed of the newly expanded Mygofer service.
- Layaway: Kmart layaway gives customers the ability to reserve holiday purchases now, pay over time and pick up items right in time for the holidays.
- Kmart2go Application: New, enhanced features on the Kmart2go mobile application allow customers to share and tweet their purchases or wish lists with friends and family. With the GPS or ZIP code locator, customers can find nearby store locations, hours and contact information.
- Free shipping holiday promotions
- ShipVantage Membership Program: Customers can enjoy free standard shipping on all Kmart.com purchases for 12 months for the membership fee of only $79. Customers also have the opportunity to enroll in a 30-day free trial membership. Discounted expedited mail options are also available through this program. Membership fee applies.
“At Kmart, we understand that our customers want to purchase holiday gifts for their friends and family but don't always have the time,” said Mark Snyder, Kmart CMO. “To help ease the worries of holiday shopping, we introduced and enhanced several shopping features for customers so they can shop when they want and how they want.”