Idaho Potato Commission Launches Heart Smart Recipe Contest
In celebration of American Heart Month, the Idaho Potato Commission launched the Heart Smart Recipe Contest with fitness guru Denise Austin and Mr. Food Test Kitchen.
Consumers are being asked to submit their favorite quick and easy, good-for-you Idaho potato recipe. The grand prize is $2,500, and gift baskets will be awarded to the top 10 finalists.
The two-tiered contest kicked off Feb. 8 on MrFood.com and will run through Feb. 24. Ten finalists will be selected by a panel of judges, and beginning Feb. 28, food lovers across the country will have a chance to select the grand prize winner on MrFood.com.
“We are always looking for opportunities to remind consumers of the role Idaho potatoes play in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and the Heart Smart Recipe Contest is the perfect way for us to bring this message to life,” noted Frank Muir, president and CEO of IPC.
Consumers can register for the contest at www.MrFood.com. Qualifying recipes must adhere to the following “Quick & Easy” cooking guidelines:
- No more than 10 total ingredients, including Idaho potatoes.
- All ingredients must be easy to find and available at local supermarkets.
- Instructions should be easy to read and to follow for the average home cook.
- Prep time should be less than 30 minutes.
- Entries must be specific with measurements, directions, cans, packages, and cookware/bakeware needed so others can successfully reproduce the recipe.
- Entries must also include a few words (100 or less) about the origin of the recipe; share any compliments the recipe has received, plus any variations.
- Recipes must be original.
- Must be tasty and visually appealing.