The Fresh Market to Debut New Shopping Experience
The Fresh Market is set to introduce what it calls a “reimagining” of its business with a new look and logo, as well as an enhanced shopping experience, at three stores in North Carolina, two in its hometown of Greensboro and one in Winston-Salem, on Oct. 26.
Following this initial launch, the specialty grocer will start rolling out refreshed stores across the United States, with 13 more locations to be unveiled on Nov. 30 in the Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham, N.C., markets, and continuing in waves through early 2018. The Fresh Market operates 177 stores in 24 states.
“This is a significant milestone in The Fresh Market’s brand evolution,” said Rick Anicetti, the company’s president and CEO. “The reinvention of our stores will place an emphasis on delicious fresh fare, convenience, and health-and-wellness options. The company is investing in what our customers love most about The Fresh Market, while adding new categories requested by our shoppers. This signifies our commitment to our shoppers, as well as our dedication towards innovation and evolution in today’s dynamic food retail environment. ”
The revamped stores will offer the following features:
- Fresh: This remains a top priority, with a robust selection of produce, meat, seafood and products from local farmers joined by high-quality items sourced from around the world. Stores will now provide 250-plus local offerings.
- Convenience: A great number of products at stores and double the number of aisles will enable customers to enjoy more of a one-stop-shopping experience. Shoppers will be able to choose from 1,300 everyday grocery essentials, among them baby, pet and household cleaning products, along with a new range of freshly made salads, entrees and wraps.
- Value: The Fresh Market has slashed prices on hundreds of items across the store.
- Shopping Experience: New dedicated sampling stations will give customers the opportunity to try products from across the store, including the weekly dish from the grocer’s Little Big Meal program. Further, shoppers can pick up that week’s featured ingredients to create an easy meal at home. New signage throughout the store will clearly designate departments, as well as spur shoppers to explore new items.
- Health: The new Mind & Body department features more than 3,300 vitamins, minerals and supplements, in addition to a specialist to answer customer questions and provide recommendations. Refreshed signage will guide those with dietary restrictions or food allergies to a large selection of health-conscious products across store, including 1,600 organic items, 850 certified gluten-free items and 1,900 certified non-GMO items.
The Fresh Market will host grand-reopening events at the Greensboro and Winston-Salem stores with such activities as a ribbon cutting ceremony, live entertainment, food sampling and giveaways; more activities and promotions are on tap for the upcoming holidays.