Earthfare to Open First Ohio Store
Natural and organic foods retailer EarthFare plans to open its first Ohio store, expanding beyond the SouthEast market it currently occupies with 20 stores.
The 27,000-square-foot store will be built in a strip mall in Fairlawn, Ohio., and according to resports, will open February.
Asheville, N.C.-based Earth Fare was founded in 1975, and operates 20 stores in the state of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and soon Ohio. It sells foods that are “as close to the ground as it gets,” and will not sell any item with the following:
- Hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated oils (added trans-fats)
- High fructose corn syrup
- Artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners & preservatives
- Antibiotics, synthetic growth hormones or animal by-products in the feed (fresh meats & milk)
- Bleached or bromated flour
- Irradiated single source spices, produce or meat
- NO animal by-products in pet foods