Dig Into the Great Stuffing Debate, Help Combat Hunger
This November, a great debate will be brewing – one that will have nothing to do with politics. Instead of things heating up across the congressional aisle, a conversation is sure to be stirring across the dinner table. The subject: stuffing.
While stuffing is a must-have dish on the Thanksgiving table, it can also be one of the most polarizing elements of the big feast. Nearly everyone has a favorite style, yet no matter how well-intentioned, tampering with a family favorite can spark quite the mealtime controversy.
That's why Swanson broth is inviting people across the country to take a side in The Great Stuffing Debate at GreatStuffingDebate.com. To heat up the debate and help those in need, Swanson has teamed up with Taste of the NFL, an organization that rallies the country's top chefs and the NFL's greatest to raise money in support of food banks across the country.
As part of the partnership, throughout the month of November, GreatStuffingDebate.com will feature signature stuffing recipes from the six chefs representing the football teams facing off on Thanksgiving Day. The chef and football team who garner the most overall votes in the polls will receive a donation of Swanson broth to a local food bank.
Here's the culinary starting lineup:
Week of November 1:
• Chef Paul O'Connell, of Chez Henri, in Cambridge, MA, representing the New England Patriots vs. Chef Brian Polcyn, of The Forest Grill, in Birmingham, MI, representing the Detroit Lions
Week of November 8:
• Chef Allison Vines-Rushing, of MiLa, in New Orleans, LA, representing the New Orleans Saints vs. Chef Kent Rathbun, of Abacus, in Dallas, TX, representing the Dallas Cowboys
Week of November 15:
• Chef Jean-Robert de Cavel, of Jean-Robert's Table, Cincinnati, OH, representing the Cincinnati Bengals vs. Chef Michael Stewart, of Tavern on Jane, in New York, NY, representing the New York Jets
Additional features and activities on The Great Stuffing Debate website include:
• The Debate Center – Weigh in on questions that gauge stuffing preferences and other related topics.
• In the Kitchen – Use the stuffing spinner to find the perfect stuffing – from traditional to adventurous and everything in between – as well as other holiday recipes, cooking tips and techniques, substitution solutions, and leftovers ideas.
• Stuffing Skirmish – This humorous video shows what happens when good people do bad stuffing. Watch the family dynamics unfold as two very different sides of the family – with equally different views on stuffing – come together for the holiday feast.
• Fun Stuff – Get ready for the Turkey Dance! The Swanson turkey does the tango, participates in a line dance and takes a trip to the 70s. Choose a favorite and share with friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter.