DeCA to Enhance Enterprise Data Management
The Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) plans to deploy a new enterprise data warehouse, data management solution, and business intelligence lifecycle support services to enhance its management of enterprise-wide data.
The is working with Reston, Va.-based Claraview on the project. Claraview is a division of Teradata, a strategy and technology consultancy focused exclusively on business intelligence and analytic solutions, under an indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) with an initial order valued at $16.8 million.
"Claraview will continue its long and successful relationship with DeCA in support of its mission -- delivering vital benefits to the military and their families,” said Dan Ross, managing director at Claraview. "The Claraview Team will help DeCA optimize essential functions by evolving the agency's analytical capabilities to match the most innovative grocers in the industry."
Ft. lee, Va.-based DeCA operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families. Under the contract, Claraview will provide the following services in support of DeCA's mission-critical enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence environments:
- Establishment of enterprise data management policies, procedures and processes
- Further enhancement of DeCA's enterprise data model
- Near-real-time integration of data from multiple sources world-wide
- Analytics via business intelligence dashboards and reports
- 24x7 support of DeCA's mission-critical data warehouse, data integration and business intelligence systems
Claraview's relationship with DeCA dates back to 2005, when Claraview was first awarded a contract to support the agency's enterprise data warehouse.