C&S Charity Golf Outing Raises $1.2M
The 27th annual C&S Charity Golf Outing, known as Tee Up for Kids raised $1.2 million to benefit organizations helping children who are battling cancer and nonprofits addressing childhood hunger and nutrition. This year’s donations exceeded last year by $100,000.
Rick Cohen, C&S chairman and CEO of the Keene, N.H.-based food wholesaler, expressed his thanks to the 200 individuals at the premium sponsor dinner. This would be impossible without the generous support and dedication from our suppliers, customers, business partners and volunteers,” Cohen said.
C&S Charities Inc. with C&S employee volunteers organized the tournament, which was held Aug. 7 and 8 at the Mount Snow, Haystack and Stratton courses in Vermont, and at Crumpin-Fox in Massachusetts.
After a challenging round of golf, colleagues from the supermarket and food industry gathered for dinner and heard moving presentations from representatives of the organizations benefiting from the event. C&S Charities Inc., a non-profit corporation, presented checks to the charities.
The funds raised will benefit five nonprofit organizations devoted to pediatric cancer or childhood hunger issues:
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth (Lebanon, N.H.): $350,000 for care and treatment of children in the pediatric oncology unit;
- The Jimmy Fund/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston): $150,000 for pediatric cancer research;
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp (Ashford, Conn.): $100,000 for camperships for children with cancer;
- Feeding America (Chicago): $300,000 for the national BackPack Program which discreetly provides nutritious, child-friendly food for kids when other resources are not available, such as weekends and during school vacations; and
- Share Our Strength (Washington, D.C.): $300,000 for the No Kid Hungry campaign.
The 2013 Tee Up for Kids charity golf event will be held Aug. 6 and 7.
C&S Wholesale Grocers serves about 3,900 stores from more than 50 locations in 12 states. C&S Charities Inc., established in 2010, is a New Hampshire non-profit corporation