Cargill Beef NASCAR Racing Enters 4th Season
Minneapolis, Minn.-based Cargill will sponsor the Roush Fenway Racing No. 6 Ford Mustang, driven by Trevor Bayne, during the NASCAR Nationwide Series at Daytona International Speedway, held on Feb. 23. Bayne will be competing for the racing team’s third consecutive series championship.
In addition to the No. 6 Mustang, which features a new black and gold Cargill paint scheme carrying the “Our Certified Ground Beef” theme, Bayne will also be taking the wheel of a season-long, nationwide “Tailgating with Trevor” consumer sweepstakes. The grand-prize winner will receive an all-expense-paid trip to the Concord, N.C., Roush Fenway Racing headquarters for a personalized tour and a VIP tailgating experience.
“We’re revving up promotional activities for our ground beef products with a program that inspirers grocery retailer participation and will excite consumers during the NASCAR racing season that overlaps the peak burger grilling months,” said Tammy Shaw, VP of Cargill Beef marketing and sales.
Shaw added that Cargill will use all available channels to promote its racing program, including the company’s new website, Facebook, Twitter and other social media, in-store promotional materials as well as customized videos featuring Bayne.
“Ground beef is an American food favorite used for many different recipes, from burgers to tacos, chili to meat balls, spaghetti sauce to nachos, all of which are great foods for NASCAR ‘tailgating’ at home or at the track,” Shaw added. “Our goal is to help consumers enjoy their favorite ground beef dishes while experiencing the 2013 NASCAR season.”
Cargill will be the primary sponsor of the No. 6 Mustang for the following 2013 races:
- Saturday, Feb. 23, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Saturday, March 23, Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Calif.
- Friday, April 12, Texas Motor Speedway, Forth Worth, Texas
- Saturday, May 4, Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, Ala.
- Friday, May 10, Darlington Raceway, Darlington, S.C.
- Saturday, June 15, Michigan International Speedway, Brooklyn, Mich.
- Saturday, July 13, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, N.H.
- Saturday, Aug. 31, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, Ga.
- Saturday, Oct. 5, Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Kan.
- Friday, Oct. 11, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, N.C.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 142,000 people in 65 countries.